Immigrating to Canada thru Morden’s Community Driven Immigration Initiative
Thinking of other option Immigrating to Canada? Why don’t you try going to Morden, Manitoba? They have this new program and they are recruiting now! It is called Morden’s Community Driven Immigration Initiative (MCDII).
Morden is a city located in the Pembina Valley region of southern Manitoba, Canada. It is about 11 km (6.8 mi) west of the neighbouring city of Winkler. It is surrounded by the Rural Municipality of Stanley. Morden is south of the Winnipeg Capital Region.
Morden had a population of 7,812 people in 2011, which was an increase of 18.9% from the 2006 census. The median household income in 2005 for Morden was $42,395, which is below the Manitoba provincial average of $47,875 (according to Wikipedia).
Kindly read the guidelines below to know more about this program.
GUIDE TO IMMIGRATING TO CANADA 101 – Part 4
By Loreto Jimenez
Morden’s Community Driven Immigration Initiative (MCDII)
This program is for those persons seeking to migrate thru MPNP but without any connection in Manitoba or other parts of Canada. You must also be willing to permanently live in the city of Morden.
Morden is a small city about 1.5 hours drive from Winnipeg. It has about 9000 residents.
It is a must that you meet the minimum requirements to be considered on this program. Please visit the link: Morden Manitoba Immigration
It is a must that you meet the minimum requirement. If not then don’t apply.
- Between 21 to 45 years old.
- No other connections in other parts ofCanada such as relatives, friends, previous employment or education in Canada.
- Have completed a post-secondary education or training of at least one year and you received a diploma, certificate or a degree.
- At least 2 years of full time work experience within the period of 5 years.
- IELTS score should be minimum of 5 on all bands or category.
- Genuine intention and ability to economically establish and settle in Morden.
- Have the settlement fund as per required by MPNP (principal – $10,000 and $2,000 for every succeeding dependents) and this is in addition to the exploratory visit to Morden.
- Fall within the targeted occupation.
Target Occupation (current) is given the preference on this Program.
Morden Target Occupation
- Experience in Manufacturing (entry level)
- Cabinet makers
- Factory sewing machine operators
- Heavy mechanic vehicle
- If you have extensive entrepreneurial experience.
GUIDE TO IMMIGRATING TO CANADA 101 – Part 5
Once you determined that you are qualified you can apply online.
See attached link: Morden Application Form
Things that you need:
- Application form
- C.V. or resume of the principal applicant and spouse
- Copy of passport
- IELTS result – CLB 5 or higher is a must.
- Proof of settlement funds (Scan of bank statement or property estimation)
You can download the application form thru the link attached:
Email the completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re chosen, you will be invited for an exploratory visit (note that you have to shoulder the cost of the visit). During your visit, research, observe, learn and ask questions about Morden, you will need this for your interview with the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) officer to determine if you are qualified. If the MPNP officer is satisfied, you will be given an invitation to apply for the MPNP and your Manitoba Supporter will be Morden.
Once you’re back home, you will apply online thru MPNP. Please read Part 3 for the MPNP process.
That’s it for Morden.
Loreto Jimenez at Life of Peg Group
Google Image and Fall Photo Contest for Photo Credits