McDonald vs Jollibee Face-Off: Who owns Ellice Ave?
Amidst all the rave about Jollibee’s opening on Ellice Ave., it is noticeable that the neighboring McDonald’s is having something cooking as well. Then you see a poster up, it is announcing its Grand Re-opening. Months ago, the fast-food restaurant announced its renovation as to comply with the global revamp strategy of the fast-food giant.
- On the poster, it says McDonald’s Ellice will be having Grand Re-Opening specials from December 16, 2016 – January 31, 2017. Here are the specials:
- $1.25 any size McCafe Premium Roast Brewed Coffee
- $2.00 for any McMuffin sandwich
- $2.00 Big Mac, Filet-O-Fish or McChicken sandwich
- $2.99 any Happy Meal
- $5.00 20-piece Chicken McNuggets
It also mentioned another promo that every vehicle through the Drive Thru during the period will receive a Create Your Taste make it meal for free coupon.
To be honest, we sense a feeling of a little redemption or validation here. Jollibee is the “McDonald’s of the Philippines” and it would only be normal for the real McDonald’s would be unveiling its newly renovated store next to the newly-opened Jollibee. This fast-food chain face off is definitely one to watch!
Rumor has it that the said McDonald’s will soon be offering rice and spaghetti just like in the Philippines. We have tried to verify this from a Pinay crew and we just received a shrug. I havent heard anything about that at work po— so far. She added. Nevertheless, we hope it does add rice and spaghetti to its menu.
Charren Jann Daquial – Guest Experince Leader @ McDonalds