ONTARIO IMMIGRANT NOMINEE PROGRAM (OINP) 2017 UPDATES
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) is an economic immigration program designed to help the province meet its labor market and economic development priorities. It continues to improve the program’s responsiveness to the labor market and economic development needs and identify more candidates with experience in some of Ontario’s priority sectors and in-demand occupations.
On June 28, 2017, OINP said that it would issue targeted Notifications of Interest (NOIs) to candidates who qualify for Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities (HCP) Stream and who have work experience in the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) field.
Here are the OINP targeted candidates in the ICT sector with the following work experience/NOC codes:
- NOC 0131: Telecommunication Carriers Managers
- NOC 0213: Computer and Information Systems Managers
- NOC 2133: Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- NOC 2147: Computer Engineers (Except Software Engineers and Designers)
- NOC 2171: Information Systems Analysts and Consultants
- NOC 2172: Database Analysts and Data Administrators
- NOC 2173: Software Engineers and Designers
- NOC 2174: Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers
- NOC 2175: Web Designers and Developers
- NOC 2241: Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- NOC 2281: Computer Network Technicians
- NOC 2282: User Support Technicians
- NOC 2283: Systems Testing Technicians
- NOC 5224: Broadcast Technicians
- NOC 5241: Graphic Designers and Illustrators
Note that for these occupations only, the OINP lowered the required minimum Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score below 400. Further requirements include the following:
A. Years of Work Experience: A minimum of either:
- 1-year work experience within the past 5 years according to the criteria under the Federal Skilled Workers Program, or
- 1-year work experience within the past 3 years according to the criteria under the Canadian Experience Class;
B. Education: Equivalent of a Canadian Bachelor’s degree or above;
C. Language: A minimum of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 in English or in French;
D. Settlement Funds: A minimum level of savings or income in Ontario; and
E. Intent: An intention to reside in Ontario long-term.
The following are the programs offered by Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP):
- Masters Graduates Stream
- Ph.D. Graduates Stream
- Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Ontario’s Express Entry French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream
- Ontario’s Express Entry Skilled Trades Stream
If you think you are qualified, begin your Express Entry profile now. You need a valid IELTS score and Education Assessment when making a profile in Express Entry. For more details and information, visit the Ontario Immigration Website.
Furthermore, in order your CV’s to stand out to a Canadian employer, here’s a guide on How to Write a Canadian Style Resume.
And, if you need some guides on how to immigrate to Canada check this 5 Guides for Immigrating to Canada.
Disclaimer: Pinoy-Canada.com is not in any way connected with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) (formerly Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), nor are immigration consultants by profession or agency. Any information or news shared on this site are gathered from updates from various resources.
Image from Google