By October 2016, Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program staff will be in Manila, Vienna, and Austria. Along with Manitoba employers to conduct job interviews to all qualified individuals.
For MPNP Manila Mission
Employment opportunities are available to the qualified and interested candidates. If you:
- Are between the age of 21 – 45
- Have post-secondary education / training in the related occupations listed
- Have a minimum of 3 years employment experience in the past 5 years in the related occupations listed
- Are able to meet the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB 4) – (International English Language Testing System (IELTS) General Training – Test score equivalency CLB4, Reading 3.5, Writing 4.0, Listening 4.5, Speaking 4.0)
- Submit a resume to directly to the following employers expressing your interest in their positions Your resume must include details of your education completed to date, current and previous employment experience, and contact information.
The following are the jobs that are needed:
- Industrial Meat Cutters – Workers prepare meat and poultry for further processing, for packaging or for marketing. They are employed in meat and poultry slaughtering, processing and packing establishments. Workers skin, clean and trim carcasses; remove viscera and other inedible parts from carcasses; split carcasses into smaller portions to facilitate handling Industrial meat cutters experienced in cutting pork carcasses or sides or quarters of carcasses into primal cuts for further cutting, processing or packaging; remove bones from meat; and cut meat and poultry into specific cuts for institutional, commercial or other wholesale. During this process, many grinders and other devices are used. National Band Saw stocks Hobart 4046, Hobart 4146, and Hobart 4812 meat grinder parts, often seen in these industrial settings, so prior experience is a plus.
Email your resume with letter of intent at Hylife Foods, [email protected].
- Specialized Livestock Workers – Pork Production Technicians – Formulate a feeding program, maintain livestock performance records while carrying out a pasture or pen breeding program. Workers recognize and treat certain livestock health problems and are responsible for performing general farm duties. From time to time, specialized livestock workers may be required to supervise general farm workers.
Email your resume with letter of intent at Maple Leaf Foods, [email protected]
- Public Area & Housekeeping Room Attendant – This position includes duties such as preparing guest rooms for arrival including making beds, vacuuming, sanitizing washrooms, dusting, etc. also includes Laundry duties such as stripping beds, sorting, washing, and folding, cleaning public areas such as washrooms, hallways, lobbies, and pool area. Night duty shift that cleans washrooms, kitchen, bar, restaurant, offices and C-Centre building, Evening duty shift (ski season) that cleans rooms, hallways, and public areas, and does laundry. Candidates must be in good physical condition as there are repetitive motions, bending, kneeling, and some lifting required.
- Line Cook –Responsibilities include cook, prepare and assemble hot and cold food per customer’s order (a la carte) and according to a recipe, cook and prepare food for banquets and conferences. Receives and organizes food inventory. Applies high quality and safety standards to all food products Preference will be given to any applicants who have post-secondary training in the culinary field; and those who have 1 – 3 years of previous experience.
- Food Counter Attendant – Responsibilities include serving customers at the sandwich unit preparing sandwiches, salads, and wraps according to specific standards and recipes. Preparing customer’s coffee and food orders entering sales into cash register and collecting/processing payment Baking bread and collecting payment simple food prep providing great customer service
- Food & Beverage Servers – Responsibilities include describing menu items, daily specials and wine selections to patrons, serving food and beverages to restaurant and banquet patrons, presenting bills to customers and processing payments, practice responsible alcohol service, mix and serve alcoholic drinks providing quality customer service, setting up/preparing banquet and conference rooms, serving at Russell Inn catered functions. Applicants should be friendly, energetic and enjoy working with people. Must be able to work shifts, evenings, and weekends in a fast-paced environment
- Cashier – This position includes duties such as entering sales into cash register collecting payment from a customer for fuel, beer & confection items, stocking shelves, counting inventory, monitoring outdoor fuel pump area, empty garbage, provide great customer service. Position open to applicants available to work early morning and/or during the day (full time). Evening and weekend shifts will also be required (full time) and available for students. Prior customer service experiences a definite asset.
- Front Desk Agent – This position is primarily administrative and includes duties such as general preparation for the arrival of hotel guests producing computer documents, labels, and reports using Microsoft Word & Excel, assembling guest packages, responding to guest emails, answering telephones, inputting guest reservations. Interaction with guests is minimal. Flexible scheduling allows for great personal or family life/work balance as it is based on a 5-week rotation with a maximum of 4 working days in a row and 5 days off at a time, including 2 weekends off per month. Shifts are from 11 pm – 7 am.
Email your resume with letter of intent at Russell Inn, [email protected]
- Machine Operators – Using a spray gun, with arm fully extended, spray product with a back and forth motion for 2 – 3 minute periods throughout the day, Using orbit sanders and palm sanders, ensure the product is smooth and ready for the next coat of paint or stain. Using brushes and other tools, create the specific finished look required by the customer. Perform to quality standards and run rates. Efficient and safe work behaviors.
- Finishers – Build unique products such as columns, spice racks, decorative panels, face frames, moldings, and curved range hoods. Interpret drawings and dimensions to accurately build the product according to customer specifications, efficient and safe use of miter saw, sander, nailer, planer, and other hand tools to monitor and maintain quality standards.
- Builders/Assemblers – Build and piece together various cabinet parts such as drawers, doors, and cabinet boxes. Safe use of various hand tools and small machinery, using orbit sanders and palm sanders, ensure the product is smooth and ready for the next coat of paint or stain. Pay close attention to fine detail to ensure quality standards are met.
Email your resume with letter of intent at Décor Cabinets, [email protected]
If you are successful in securing an interview, you will be responsible for your own travel to meet with the MPNP staff and prospective employers in Manila, Philippines during the month of October 2016.
Save it and Apply Now!
Sample resume can be found here or click here
Disclaimer: Pinoy-Canada.com is not in any way connected with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) (formerly Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)), nor are immigration consultants by profession or agency any information or news shared on this site are gathered from updates from various resources. We endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct.