A week after the announcement, there are still a lot of unanswered questions. Lucky for us, we have the privilege to talk with Canadian Immigration representative. We would like to share our phone conference regarding the new INTERIM PROGRAM.
The Interim Program has many flexibilities which include:
- This program is designed to help caregivers, especially those who do not meet the current educational standard. So please gather your documents as soon as possible and grab this chance!
- 1-year Experience from both Childcare and High Medical needs COMBINED is considered.
– Basically experience can be a combo of childcare and home support workers
- CLB Level 5 and ECA of High School Level ONLY!
-If you do not meet the 1-year Canadian post-secondary education level, this is for you!
- IF you don’t have enough time to submit your requirements before the deadline (June 4), you can submit proof that you scheduled for the test. (Just make sure you pass it!)
- Those who are qualified under the Childcare/High Medical Needs Pathway and does not want to wait for their 24-month completion are also encouraged to apply.
- There is NO CAP (limit) in the application for this pathway. However, this is only available from March 4 – June 4, 2019
- Those who do not meet the 1year experience will have to wait for the official announcement of the new program later this year.
***No additional info regarding the upcoming pilot program is mentioned.
By Aileen Galvez – C4C Secretary
Got more questions? Join our Canada Caregiver Community here.