Updates on Quebec Skilled Worker Program. There will be changes to Quebec Skilled Worker Selection Grid effective March 8, 2017. This modification to the weighting of the skilled worker selection grid was made in order to promote a better socio-professional integration of immigrants and to upgrade knowledge of French. Those changes are in particular with the criteria “Areas of training” and “Education level” specifically:
- Points attributed to certain areas of training have been reduced;
- Candidates with vocational secondary or technical post-secondary education and who are in one of the areas of training in demand in Québec no longer earn additional points;
- The cutoff score for employability and the passing score for the selection grid have been raised.
The province of Quebec recommends evaluating first the chances of meeting the requirements before submitting a request for a Certificat de sélection du Québec by completing the Preliminary Evaluation for Immigration online.
Who should complete the Preliminary Evaluation?
- Anyone wishing to immigrate to Québec to work as a paid employee or self-employed worker;
- His or her spouse or de facto spouse, if applicable, who is 16 years of age or over, and is accompanying the applicant.
The applicant must commit to meet personal and family needs from the time he or she arrives in Québec and during the first few months thereafter.
The evaluation does not apply to individuals who plan to come to Québec through a job-creating business project (Entrepreneur Program), or by making a sizeable investment (Investor Program).
Click HERE for the Preliminary Evaluation.
These modifications apply to all applications received as of March 8, 2017, as well as those on file for which the preliminary review had not yet begun to this date.
Disclaimer: Pinoy-Canada.com is not in any way connected with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) (formerly Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), nor are immigration consultants by profession or agency any information or news shared on this site are gathered from updates from various resources.