Express Entry is a selection system aimed to select skilled workers for immigration to Canada. The process involves the federal government, provincial governments, and Canadian employers. Recently, there are lots of developments happening and will occur in the Express Entry System. Some of which are the following:
Before June 6, 2017
- No additional points for candidates with strong French language skills.
- There are no changes planned for these points, and they will continue to be awarded by the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) before and after June 6, 2017.
- No points for candidates with siblings in Canada.
- Job Bank registration required.
After June 6, 2017
- Additional points for candidates with strong French language skills, with more additional points going to candidates who also have English language skills.
- Additional points for candidates with siblings in Canada
- Job Bank registration voluntary
Furthermore, candidates on Express Entry System:
- can now earn additional points for study in Canada
- a valid job offer now only needs to be for one year, and some job offers no longer need an LMIA
- The amounts of points you get for a job offer has changed you now have 90 days to apply instead of 60.
How do Express Entry works?
Express Entry is used to manage applications for permanent residence under these federal economic immigration programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program,
- Federal Skilled Trades Program, and
- Canadian Experience Class.
Provinces and territories can also recruit candidates from the Express Entry system through their Provincial Nominee Programs to meet local labor market needs. It means that when an employer in a province recruits you, you will be direct to apply in an Express Entry System.
The Express Entry system has two steps:
Step 1 – Potential candidates complete an online Express Entry profile
Step 2 – The highest-ranking candidates in the pool will be invited to apply for permanent residence
To apply click here.
Tip for those who want to migrate to Canada with Siblings: Look for any Overseas Job Offer in Canada (Any Province), Apply thru Express Entry System, then wait for Permanent Residency approval. It might not be easy, but if you have the opportunity grab it! Goodluck!
Disclaimer: Pinoy-Canada.com is not in any way connected with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) (formerly Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), nor are immigration consultants by profession or agency any information or news shared on this site are gathered from updates from various resources.