How do I get Police Clearance for Permanent Residency in Canada from Dubai and rest of UAE?
Anybody who will send an application for Permanent Residency will be required to submit a police clearance from the countries where he or she stayed for six months or more. This is really a hard work and would mean additional expense especially if we stayed in so many counties for more than six months in the past ten years.
A lot of Filipino here in Canada applying for Permanent Residency had been to UAE and a lot are confused in the process. Below are the steps needed to obtain the UAE Certificate of Good Conduct required for the permanent residency based on my experience:
- A fingerprint form can be obtained from an RCMP accredited fingerprinting offices which will not take you long and you must pay a certain amount from $40-70 CAD. You better call the office first to confirm the rate and compare with others.
- Photocopy the form and have the photocopy notarized.
- Mail or drop the Notarized fingerprint form (photocopy) together with the original form, a cover letter stating the purpose of the authentication, and a Self -addressed prepaid return envelope to DFA. No fees will be collected for this. As of this writing, their address is below
Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade & development Canada
125 Sussex Drive
Ottawa, ON K1A0G2
Attn: JLAC Section
- Wait for the authenticated fingerprint form mailed back to you. This will take around 1- 2 weeks including the mailing depending on the type of courier/ mail you used.
- Send the Authenticated form , the original fingerprint form, cover letter stating the purpose of legalization, Self -addressed prepaid return envelope and a Money Order payable to UAE EMBASSY-OTTAWA for $75 CAD (the amount may change) to UAE Embassy. As of this writing, their address is below
United Arab Emirates Embassy
125 Boteler Street
Ottawa, ON K1N0A4
Attn: Consular Section
- Wait for the Legalized fingerprint form mailed back to you. This will take another 1-2 weeks including the mailing depending on the type of courier/ mail you used.
- UAE Police Department Processes
- Send the following to a friend or relative in UAE
- Legalized fingerprint form including the original
- Application for Certificate of Good Conduct form (outside the UAE), this will be mailed to you by the embassy as inclusion to the legalized form. There is an Arabic portion of the form which is not required to be filled out.
- 2 recent coloured passport size photograph, 4×6 cm
- Copy of the current passport and old passport with residence visa (if you already renewed)
- Copy of residence visa and emirates ID if available
- Authorization letter
- Fee as shown in the application form
- This will take around 2-3 weeks
Note: Only one certificate is required if you transferred from one emirates to another.
So far, the above steps are what I have taken to get my police clearance. This certificate is valid only for 3 months from the date of approval in the UAE Police Station and of course mailing duration is counted. I do advice that a friend or a relative do it for you to lessen the time and to make sure that the application was properly handed.
I hope this article helped you. Thanks.