There are major changes in the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program this 2018. They call it renewed Skilled Worker Overseas Stream (SWO). This stream is for applicants who demonstrate an established connection to Manitoba through the support of family members or friends; previous education or work experience in the province; or an Invitation to Apply received directly from the MPNP as part of a Strategic Recruitment Initiative.
This will be a new pathway to nominate qualified applicants for the Federal Express Entry program. Priority will be given to candidates with close family connections in Manitoba and spouses who have the language proficiency, training, and experience to quickly find jobs in In-Demand Occupations.
One of the renewed streams is the Manitoba Express Entry Pathway. The applicants must meet the minimum eligibility criteria and score a minimum of 60 points to be considered for nomination.
Manitoba Express Entry Pathway
The Manitoba Express Entry (EE) Pathway is for candidates demonstrating work experiences related to Manitoba’s In-demand Occupations list and a strong family connection to Manitoba.
This Pathway is open to candidates under MPNP Express Entry stream and who meet the EE criteria and have an active EE profile.
The Minimum Requirements are the following:
- Express Entry – Demonstrate acceptance into the Express Entry pool by providing a valid Express Entry ID and Job Seeker Validation Code.
- Work Experience – Minimum of 6 months of work experience in an occupation on the In-Demand Occupations list (see below). You must submit a complete Career Plan.
- Official Languages Proficiency – The minimum official language proficiency depends on your assessed NOC: Minimum CLB/NCLC 7 for NOC 0 or A, Minimum CLB/NCLC 6 for NOC B
- Education – Completed one post-secondary program of at least one year (Canadian equivalent). If the position requires licensure or certification, you must apply to the regulatory body to have your qualifications and skills assessed and/or pass an examination.
- Age – Minimum age of 18 at time of submission
- Adaptability – Demonstrate the ability and intent to become economically established and reside in Manitoba; AND Have the confirmed support of a close friend or relative who has resided in Manitoba for at least one year; OR Hold a valid Invitation to Apply issued by the MPNP.
- Settlement Funds – Demonstrate liquid funds equivalent to Low Income Cut-Off (LICO) requirements for independent financial resources for a six-month period.
Here are the 3 important links for you to determine if this pathway is for you:
Click the link and check if your score is at least 60 points –> MPNP Self-Assessment Points
Click the link and check if your work experiences are in Manitoba In-Demand Occupations —> Manitoba In-Demand Occupations
Click the link and know the Funds that you must provide under the Express Entry pathway —>
Take note that the New Skilled Worker Overseas Stream – Manitoba Express Entry Pathway criteria is in effect this January 2018.
For your reference EOI Draw #39 for this Stream:
SKILLED WORKERS OVERSEAS – Express Entry Sub-stream
Number of Letters of Advice to Apply issued: 155 who have a valid Express Entry ID and job seeker validation code, and at least 6 months of recent experience in an occupation on Manitoba’s In-demand Occupations list
Ranking score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 565
Disclaimer: Pinoy-Canada.com is not in any way connected with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) (formerly Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), nor are immigration consultants by profession or agency. Any information or news shared on this site are gathered from updates from various resources.