Home / Immigrant Story / Single Mom, 2 kids Becomes a Victim of Fire in Canada, Asking for help

Single Mom, 2 kids Becomes a Victim of Fire in Canada, Asking for help

On a quiet Tuesday night last November 27th, a blaze of fire swallowed a house in Nova Scotia. 23 fire fighters responded to the fire and they were able to prevent the worst.

According to the investigations, the fire began by accident in the kitchen on the main level of the split-level house with a basement apartment in the middle of the night. The house was located on Northview Drive, Antigonish in Nova Scotia. Fortunately, there was only one person at home and all residents were unharmed.

The Canadian Red Cross are currently assisting the seven people from two families who have been displaced by the fire. One of those families is the family of Catherine Almanzor, a Pinay single mom with two kids.

Catherine’s family lost their belongings in their rental suite due to the fire. They were able to escape the fire with only the clothes on them. Unfortunately, they did not have any insurance on any of their belongings and are now left with nothing. They were temporarily placed in Homeward Inn with the help of Red Cross until Saturday.

We can only imagine what they are going through. They are devastated by their loss, cold because Canadian winters can be harsh, and as they look for a rental place, they are unable to work. Now more than ever, they would definitely need all the help they can get. If you are willing or capable to help, there is a GoFundMe Campaign  that was started for the family.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Click this GO FUND ME LINK

Note: Image is for illustration purposes only.

About Admin

Check Also

Bakit Single ka parin?

Wala ka pa bang boyfriend? Kailan ka mag-aasawa? Si “name” pala may anak na. Ikaw, …